Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By leo daly
Holy Souls. Pray the following
"I offer all the masses said in the world since the last time I prayed this prayer for the sake of the souls in purgatory, peace in the world and the Holy father's intentions. I offer it in union with the precious blood of Jesus Christ for the conversion of sinners, especially those at risk of dying in a state of Mortal sin."

I believe I have retrieved at least one and so I pray the following when God doesn't seem to be listening. "If there are any souls in Heaven who I've retrieved from purgatory, please help with ......"

I have a devotion to St Anthony, he is great at helping me find things.

Cheers
Leo.
By beloved
The Holy Wounds of Jesus:

"..I am calling you during Lent to honor the wounds of my Son.."

(22nd March 1984)

FIVE WOUNDS OF JESUS

O God, Come unto my assistance.
. O Lord, make haste to help me.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

My dearest Lord Jesus Crucified, bending low before Thee, with Mary most holy and with all the Angels and Saints in paradise, I adore the most holy Wound in Thy right Hand. I give Thee thanks for the infinite love, wherewith Thou didst will to suffer so many bitter pains because of my sins which I detest with all my heart; I implore Thee to grant graciously to Thy holy Church victory over all her enemies, and to all her children grace to walk in holiness in the way of Thy commandments-Our Father.., Hail Mary.., Glory be..

My dearest Lord Jesus Crucified, bending low before Thee, with Mary most holy and with all the Angels and Saints in paradise, I adore the sacred Wound in Thy left Hand, and I beseech Thee for grace for all poor sinners, for the dying, and especially for those who will not be reconciled to Thee.-Our Father.., Hail Mary.., Glory be..

My dearest Lord Jesus Crucified, bending low before Thee, with Mary most holy and with all the Angels and Saints in paradise, I adore the sacred Wound in Thy right Foot, and I beg of Thee this grace, that countless flowers of holiness may blossom among the clergy and all those who are consecrated to Thee.-Our Father.., Hail Mary.., Glory be..

My dearest Lord Jesus Crucified, bending low before Thee, with Mary most holy and with all the Angels and Saints in paradise, I adore the sacred Wound in Thy left Foot, and implore Thee to deliver the holy souls in purgatory, and especially those who in life were most devout toward Thy sacred Wounds.-Our Father.., Hail Mary.., Glory be..

My dearest Lord Jesus Crucified, bending low before Thee, with Mary most holy and with all the Angels and Saints in paradise, I adore the sacred Wound in Thy most holy Side, and I pray Thee to bless and graciously hear all those who have recommended themselves to my prayers.-Our Father.., Hail Mary.., Glory be..
By Maryh
Am Reading 'Praying the psalms with Padro Pio' every day.

I love any books where you just need to read a page a day.
By Medjugorjeprayers
Favorite devotion - 33 days to Merciful Love by Father Michael Gaitley...

One of my favorite saints - St. Margaret of Castello – patron saint of the unwanted who had many outwardly physical problems but with a heart a heart of gold, has quickly become one of my favorite saints and role model. She was blind at birth, her legs were deformed, she was hunchbacked, and was tiny is stature. Her parents were embarrassed by her when she was born and therefore, literally abandoned her as she was an embarrassment to their noble stature in society… In fact, they built a stone room attached to the church where she was shut in from all society so no one could see her… The only exception was a compassionate Father of the parish who had access to her through a gated window where he taught her about Jesus and her faith… This went on well into her teens when finally war broke out which caused her parents to transfer her to another location where they eventually left her to fend for herself…
St. Margaret was never resentful towards her parents or anyone… She lovingly offered up her rejection by her parents and society as an offering to Jesus who was also rejected by many….
I think I am attracted to St. Margaret because I share some common attributes with her. Unfortunately, like with many others, I have experienced the pain of being left out and unwanted at times…
St. Margaret may have not been attractive on the exterior, but her compassionate and loving heart more than made up for it as more than 200 miracles were attributed to her after her death..…

Check out this old movie on her and learn for yourself...

https://gloria.tv/video/TgEtngoczwsV3DxZBEFdgcj9H
By bluecross
I came across St Margaret a couple of years ago when studying a set of the Stations displayed in Our Lady’s Cathedral, Antwerp...

She is depicted in the 6th Station shown here. I can let you have an interpretation of this particular station if you want it.

Last edited by bluecross on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Medjugorjeprayers
I think maybe we are talking about a different St. Margaret as there is more than one... The one you posted is beautiful in appearance...

Love the painting though!
By Medjugorjeprayers
You have confused me with the picture but I understand what you mean about being blessed vrs saint... Officially she is blessed but in my perspective she is a saint.. Her body has not corrupted and she has many miracles attributed to her name... There are many saints in this world who never get officially recognized via the Church... Just my thoughts...
By bluecross
Didn’t intend to confuse you, MP, and I take your point about saints and blesseds’, although I’m not sure if Margaret’s body has remained incorrupt...

As you probably know and can see from this woodcut, Margaret’s body was small and bent, and she was also blind. She was generally portrayed as stooped, holding a walking stick and her other arm reaching out.

In the stations painting the woman in blue is depicted as Margaret. (Notice her hump back).

Is she blind? Hard to tell, but she is shown with only one eye. Neither is she reaching out or carrying her walking stick. Instead her hands are held in prayer.

Instead it is the Roman soldier, also shown with one eye, who walks with a stick, his arm outstretched and hand on Veronica’s shoulder. It first appears that he is holding Veronica back from approaching Jesus but in reality he is using her shoulder as support and guidance because he is blind! (This is also probably a reference to Longinus, the Roman soldier whose eyes were opened at the Crucifixion)... eyes opened in faith.

In fact, the whole scene is about blindness in all sorts of ways... blindness to the needs of others... blindness to our own sins... blindness in faith...

Notice the horizontal beam of the cross and how the eyes of three men (two soldiers) are set level on the beam. Notice also all are one-eyed... blind. The beam and blindness is a reference to Jesus’ teaching about first removing the beam from our own eye.

The tall man on the left edge of the frame represents one of John the Baptist’s followers, who came and asked Jesus if he was the Messiah they had been expecting. Notice he doesn’t look at Jesus but at the cloth held by Veronica. We can ask if Veronica already wiped the face of Jesus or is she about to. John’s disciple gives the answer. He has seen the face of Christ on the cloth. He is our witness to what has happened even though we cannot see the transferred image.

So this brings us back to Margaret... We cannot see her face in full, her stick or outstretched arm. Just as we cannot see the face of Jesus reflected in the cloth. But we can see signs of Margaret attributes in the soldier... his halberd and outstretched arm leaning on Veronica’s shoulder. Her shoulder bears the cross of the blind man.

The man wearing the green hat with the red fur trim and being prevented by a soldier from approaching Jesus is the Italian poet Dante. His guide through Hell, Virgil, is further down the line wearing a green hat and one eye resting on the beam. Virgil is unable to attain heaven because he wasn’t baptised.

The other man wearing a green hat behind Margaret is Simon of Cyrene. You can see his two sons under the cross between Veronica and the soldier. But that’s another story... :)

By Medjugorjeprayers
BC, you've brought up a good point, one that made me think pretty hard... Unfortunately, I have come up with something that isn't very pretty... I believe that Blessed Margaret has not been declared a saint because she has not had enough influential people to advocate on her behalf... Just as she was ostracized and rejected because of her looks when she was on earth, it continues... People can be brutal, even the Church... It is easy to be loved if you are beautiful in appearance.... Not true for those who are deformed and don't fit into the status quo.

Have you ever noticed that almost all saints are portrayed as beautiful people in appearance... St. Teresa of Calcutta with her weathered look may be an exception... Vanity has no bounds... Maybe you or I could advocate for Blessed Margaret to become a saint... You probably have more connections...

Without knowing all the details, I think it is an injustice and a shame on the Church and Catholics in general that Blessed Margaret hasn't been declared a saint... even though it is clear to me that she already is....
By bluecross
There are some ‘shrines’ in the U.S. dedicated to Margaret and there is a movement at one of them engaged in the petition process. Unfortunately, prayers are never enough, and to petition for sainthood doesn’t come cheap. :)

I don’t publicise web sites that ask for donations, but I’m sure if you do a Google search you will locate not one but several shrines dedicated to Blessed Margaret.

NB: Be careful of some of the OSB websites that present information on Blessed Margaret and give create an impression that they are part of the Roman Catholic Church when they are not.

By the way, the church where St Margaret’s tomb is located in Italy is now a secular building, having been deconsecrated by the Roman Catholic Church.
By Medjugorjeprayers
bluecross wrote:By the way, the church where St Margaret’s tomb is located in Italy is now a secular building, having been deconsecrated by the Roman Catholic Church.
Very sad to hear... Another example of priorities and who gets them... The Pope is infallible on matters when he speaks ex cathedra, but the Church has certainly made some mistakes...

Nice to hear though that there is at least some headway towards her sainthood...

Thanks for sharing!
By Merlorrich
My main and most favourite devotion is to Our Lady.

However, these days I am reciting the 15 prayers of St. Bridget of Sweden. I am about 1.5 months in.

You can read about the promises for those who recite them here: http://www.marypages.com/BrigittaEnglish.htm

I use the following video on youtube as a guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJLc3yHA_nk

Some people in the forum discussed these prayers previously: http://www.medjugorjelive.org/forum/vie ... php?t=1222

If I complete the year I might then try the Twelve-year Prayer of S. Bridget of Sweden: https://sites.google.com/site/catholict ... -of-sweden
By MRSTOL
Dear All.

I have 4 devotions that I say on a regular basis. They are Novenas that I begin over and over again. I I miss a day then I start them over again at day one. I say the 9 day novena that Pope Francis 'loves" which is 'Our Lady of Undoer of Knots". It fits every intention that one is praying. The 2nd one is the "Holy Cloak of St Joseph". This novena is for 30 days in honor of the 30 years before Our Lords ministry began. The 3rd novena a is the "33 day St Louis De Montfort Novena" which is usually begun 33 days before a Marian feast day. The 4th Novena is my ALL time favorite. It is a little known novena by the Shoenstadt Shrine sisters of San Antonio, Texas. It is a 9 day novena. It was translated from German by a now deceased German priest Father Proeller. It may be found at other Shoenstadt shrine. It fits every occasion or intention that you are praying of intercession.

Love in Christ,
MRSTOL