Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

I have been watching a Youtube video that Michael H. Brown referenced on his web site - Spirit Daily. It is by a Michael Gravino who states among other things that Marija had an unannounced, or unscheduled, apparition at 10 pm on Apparition Hill, that he and his wife happened to be at during a pilgrimage. Is anyone familiar with this event? Did it actually occur, or is his memory sketchy? Any info would be appreciated.

The video I am speaking of can be found here, by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqxoGrk ... .be&t=2396 It is rather long at an hour and a half. He speaks of the purported 'unscheduled' apparition beginning at around 50 minutes into the video.

Any info pro or con appreciated. Not sure what to make of this guy because he is also claiming daily apparitions of Jesus since visiting Medjugorje.

Regards to all.

RR
Hi Reasonable Rascal,

I watched the part of the video you refer to. I would say that what are called 'extra-ordinary' apparitions can occur in the evenings at around 10pm on Apparition Hill. Word usually spreads of the imminent apparition an hour or two beforehand. I am not sure of the reason for these apparitions, just that they occur at short notice. I don't know if one occurred on the day in question, but there is probably a record of it as well as the content of the message somewhere but it might not be in English (and you might have to do some digging).

I don't know anything about Mr. Gravino and I have no way of knowing that what he says has occurred or is occurring. A good guide is whether the local Bishop has reviewed the matter and given a verdict. I think let those qualified to make the decision decide.
I appreciate the response. I understood that the guy is just now opening up about his experiences after years of silence, he says. Didn't know if anyone might have been familiar with the 'special' apparition. I didn't find anything about it myself, but I am not an authority, just a one-time pilgrim.

RR
Usually the 10:PM meetings are for the prayer group of which Ivan and Marija are part of. Now a days it is mostly just Ivan who leads the prayer group and receives the messages.
By gtc
I could not find a message from January 2, 2001. I did find one from January 2, 2000:

January 2, 2000

Mirjana had her monthly apparition of Our Lady. It was held at the Cenacle where a large crowd gathered. Our Lady gave the following message:
"Never as much as today, my heart is begging for your help! I, your Mother, am begging my children that they help me to realize what the Father has sent me for. He has sent me among you because His love is great. At this great and holy time in which you have entered, pray in a special way for those that have not experienced yet the love of God. Pray and wait!"

Source: http://www.medjugorje.eu/messages/#2000

Perhaps he had his years mixed up? Not sure. It is also possible the message was only given locally and never disseminated.
Or possible that he is a false prophet so to speak? I am not declaring him so, nor promoting him, just honestly curious, hence why I was asking.

On the topic of Medjugorje in general (thread drift, I know) - I would dearly, dearly love to go back for a 2nd visit - the first was in 2006. And this time take along a nephew who *may* be considering the priesthood. His father visited with our parents back in "92 or so. The nephew is the youngest grandchild in the family. My grandmother wanted a priest in the family so badly that she established an endowment to pay for their seminary training. It has been decades now and even after being tapped for some other projects including sponsoring a seminary student in Central America there remains 6 figures available.

It would fulfill a long desire to return, and perhaps help a young man to discern his calling, whatever it be.

RR
Or possible that he is a false prophet so to speak? I am not declaring him so, nor promoting him, just honestly curious, hence why I was asking.
Some of the Jews were curious about John the Baptist.

When they sent priests and Levites to ask him, “Who are you?” he not only declared, but declared quite openly, “I am not the Christ”.

They finally asked John, “What have you to say about yourself” He answered, “I am as Isaiah prophesied: ‘a voice that cries in the wilderness: Make a straight way for the Lord’.”

Later, Jesus put a question to a couple of John’s disciples who were curious about him. He asked them, “What do you want?”

It’s a question we all get asked at times in our lives, especially when we become curious and uncertain. John’s disciples asked Jesus, “Rabbi, where do you live”. And that’s a question we can all ask daily. “Jesus, where are you in this world?”

The Teacher replied: “Come and see”. So the two disciples went and saw where Jesus lived and stayed with him the rest of that day.

Every day, we are all encouraged to stay with Jesus, to remain in his company, in his presence.

The late Fr SLavko would often say that the call from Medjugorje was “Come and see.”

John’s two disciples returned from their stay with Jesus telling people they had found the Messiah and then responded to his call by following him and calling others.

This happens at Medjugorje. We return home, having discovered that Jesus really does live in our hearts, and we want to share the Good News with others and encourage them to meet with Jesus in a very personal way at Medjugorje.

So, RR, do your best to return to Medjugorje, bring your nephew. He may enjoy the Youth Festival that takes place there during the first week of August. It breeds vocations.
Perhaps he had his years mixed up? Not sure. It is also possible the message was only given locally and never disseminated.[/quote]

These messages are given for the prayer group, now called Ivan's prayer group, and are not disseminated as the monthly messages are.
By gtc
Found this on another website. I know the website is not the favorite among some here, but one thing they do is to provide the Prayer Group's messages, which are usually very simple.

Link: https://www.(linking to this site is not allowed)/medjugorje-m ... ect=1&n=40
Note this was a custom search so it may not work. I searched under January and got the following for 2001 and 2000:

January 1, 2001
On January 1st, the first day of the New Year, during Marija’s regular apparition at 5:45 p.m., Our Lady made a special request of Marija. She asked Marija to go up to Apparition Hill that night for an apparition at 10:30 p.m. It has been a long time, even years since Our Lady has asked Marija to go up one of the mountains. Even more special, Our Lady asked this of Marija on the very first day of the new millennium in the New Year 2001. This signifies a certain importance. A call to the mountain on the first day of the new millennium, the second apparition in the same day, to give an important message, a message Our Lady signified She wanted heard by setting it up out of the context of the normal apparition time, asking Marija to come to a second apparition. Our Lady appeared to Marija at 10:30 p.m. Marija said that Our Lady came with five angels. During this special apparition Our Lady gave the following very important message:

"My dear children, now that when satan is unchained, I desire you to be consecrated to My Heart and the Heart of My Son Jesus. I bless you with my Motherly blessing."

January 2, 2000
Marija visited a near-by orphanage in Citluk. The orphanage cares for more than 90 children and is managed by Sr. Josipa. The children, knowing Our Lady would be with them during the apparition on this day, prepared special songs to sing to Our Lady, which they did, while Marija was in ecstasy. After the apparition, Marija was happy to tell the children that Our Lady had listened to them, smiling tenderly while they sang. Our Lady looked at each of the children attentively and blessed them. Our Lady stayed a long time and gave the following message:

"I am the Queen of Peace, and I am also your Mother. Don’t forget that I am your Mother and I love you."
Print this Message

January 2, 2000
Mirjana had her monthly apparition of Our Lady. It was held at the Cenacle where a large crowd gathered. Our Lady gave the following message:

"Never as much as today, my heart is begging for your help! I, your Mother, am begging my children that they help me to realize what the Father has sent me for. He has sent me among you because His love is great. At this great and holy time in which you have entered, pray in a special way for those that have not experienced yet the love of God. Pray and wait!"

I have no idea of the legitimacy of what this guy in the video is saying and I am very skeptical of anything outside of Medjugorje that is proclaimed just because it is my nature to be so. I just wanted to see what I could find for messages related to the dates he mentions, and the above was the closest I could find. It still seems that the 2001 message matches more closely especially in light of his comments that it was out of the norm.

Hope that helps.
gtc,

Thank you. I agree that the message related seems to be rather poignant. I can guess at the other site and it is not someplace I visit, so even more thanks.

My interest in Medjugorje was originally piqued because of the messages and what they might mean as far as approaching end times. I credit Medjugorje with my returning to the Church after a very long period of indifference and even flirting with agnosticism. This began after my parents visited there during the war years, so it has been a while.

My intent is both spiritual preparation and physical preparedness. Spiritual for mine and myself; physical for not only ourselves but also those who might need shelter, aid, etc. Anything that I might reasonably ascertain comes from Heaven in the way of advice, etc is welcome. I was interested in the message he spoke of, much more so than what he himself says. If the message was through one of the visionaries I will pay prayerful heed. A self-proclaimed locutionist though would cause great hesitation. This thread is the result of my hesitation.

I appreciate greatly this forum, and especially Sean's work. We have never met though I did see him in person in Omaha, along with Cimela, and ??? a couple of years ago at a screening.

Again, gtc, your effort is appreciated. Food for thought indeed.

RR