Discuss various subjects, including Church topics and world events, through the lens of Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Maryh
Woe to the world for the causes of sin. These stumbling blocks must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!…

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute.
Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

Proverbs 31:8-9

A word from the prophet Jeremiah:

“From the least to the greatest,
all are greedy for gain;
prophets and priests alike,
all practice deceit.
They dress the wound of my people
as though it were not serious.
‘Peace, peace,’ they say,
when there is no peace.”

Suppose all there is left to say is 'beware of the wolves'. They are ravenous, treacherous and insatiable. It is what it is.

https://www.marydemuth.com/repentant-predators/

To whom it may concern:
https://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/11/10/le ... npavlovitz
Attachments
35228479_1875709702452512_7622525996356337664_n.jpg
35228479_1875709702452512_7622525996356337664_n.jpg (86.96 KiB) Viewed 29190 times
By maryannlucy
An excerpt from an article at https://onepeterfive.com/clergy-abuse-soul-murder/

Why do so many victims of clerical abuse take their own lives? What causes the high incidence of suicide among victims of clerical sex abuse?

The answer may lie in the hideous nature of child sexual abuse by a man of God. The grooming words of notorious sexual predator Cardinal McCarrick are instructive. They portray the depth of depravity and spiritual torture employed by clerical abusers.

James, the 11-year-old McCarrick victim, recalls the spiritual power trip utilized by the offending priest: “He would always tell me that I was his special boy, that God gave me to him, so we could worship together and be happy together. He told me he had the power to get God to forgive me all my sins. That my father didn’t have that power. That’s the aura.”

The predator priest often uses God to groom the victim. How perfect, to subdue and intimidate a child! When the powerful predator invokes God as a consenting participant in the abuse, the child victim is left defenseless, devoid of spiritual help. The abuser supplants God as a willing cooperator in order to diabolically silence the victim into submission. As James recounts, McCarrick told him hundreds and hundreds of times, “God will only listen to you when you are with me.”

The unique and heinous spiritual abuse perpetrated upon clerical sex abuse victims robs these children of hope and escape. Their world is turned upside-down, with God not as their savior, but as their tormentor. The priest, portraying himself as in persona Christi, sadistically warps any sense of good and evil for the child. He loses all hope. For the soul tormented with utter hopelessness, no belief in a better future, no chance of recovery, it seems that only suicide remains.

In his response to the Archbishop Viganò testament about McCarrick’s history of predation and the Vatican’s knowledge of it, Cardinal Marc Ouellet callously dismissed McCarrick’s crimes and thus exposed the Vatican’s disdain for the suffering of clerical sex abuse victims:

I strongly doubt that McCarrick was of interest to him [Pope Francis] to the point that you believed him to be, since at the moment he was an 82-year-old archbishop emeritus who had been without an appointment for seven years.

In essence, Ouellet provides the excuse that since McCarrick is an old man, despite decades of abuse, which was never prosecuted or investigated by the Church, he is given a papal pass.

Pennsylvania attorney general Josh Shapiro referenced the number of suicide victims in his press conference when he unveiled the damning Pennsylvania clergy abuse report in August.

In the 2004 John Jay Report on the U.S. clergy abuse scandal, the authors described the particular impact on clergy abuse victims (p. 217):

The effects of sexual abuse on the victims vary, but the impact is long lasting and may result in sexual depersonalization, depression, sexually acting out, and suicide. When a child has been victimized by a priest, the impact of the abuse effects how the child perceives God, the Church and the clergy. The abuse also raises the question as to how these institutions will view the victim.

Australia, Ireland, and America seem to be especially vulnerable to the suicide ticking time bomb among clergy abuse victims.

The Catholic Church in Australia is particularly noteworthy for incidents of suicide among its victims of clergy abuse. Aussie law enforcement has documented the high incidence of suicide among these victims:

CONFIDENTIAL police reports have detailed the suicides of at least 40 people sexually abused by Catholic clergy in Victoria, and have urged a new inquiry into these and many other deaths suspected to be linked to abuse in the church.

In a damning assessment of the church’s handling of abuse issues, the reports say it appears the church has known about a shockingly high rate of suicides and premature deaths but has “chosen to remain silent.”

The reports state that while conducting lengthy inquiries into paedophile clergy, investigators have discovered “an inordinate number of suicides which appear to be a consequence of sexual offending.”
By Maryh
Woe to them! For they walked in the way of Cain and abandoned themselves for the sake of gain to Balaam’s error and perished in Korah’s rebellion. These are hidden reefs at your love feasts, as they feast with you without fear, shepherds feeding themselves; waterless clouds, swept along by winds; fruitless trees in late autumn, twice dead, uprooted; wild waves of the sea, casting up the foam of their own shame; wandering stars, for whom the gloom of utter darkness has been reserved forever. Jude 1:11-13 ESV

In fact, you even put up with anyone who enslaves you or exploits you or takes advantage of you or puts on airs or slaps you in the face.
2 Corinthians 11:20

Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.
1 John 3:7-10

But the LORD is righteous; he has cut me free from the cords of the wicked."
Psalm 129:4
By Maryh
I appreciate the pope's latest instructions for abusive priests to show some true fear of God and turn themselves in:

His remarks this year were more global, noting that all around there are priests who “without batting an eye” are ready to betray all that the church stands for and enter into a “web of corruption” by abusing those in their care.

“Often behind their boundless amiability, impeccable activity and angelic faces, they shamelessly conceal a vicious wolf ready to devour innocent souls,” he said.
By ActionReq
all are greedy for gain;
all practice deceit.
when there is no peace.”
Jesus died for our transgressions!
Who dresses the wound of the people of God?
by saying: Jesus already died for our sins
so you are already redeemed. So you
can do nothing, because Jesus already
did this for you.
Are you redeemed?
Then sit back and relax.
By Maryh
ActionReq wrote:
all are greedy for gain;
all practice deceit.
when there is no peace.”
Jesus died for our transgressions!
Who dresses the wound of the people of God?
by saying: Jesus already died for our sins
so you are already redeemed. So you
can do nothing, because Jesus already
did this for you.
Are you redeemed?
Then sit back and relax.
Yes Jesus died for all our transgressions and of course we're all sinners.

However, i don't believe that God wants us to simply relax and tolerate, accept or 'equalise' all our sins
as just one of those things, our 'human nature' & that it's all just redeemable.
Lives, souls and the church itself is being lost....perhaps even for eternity.

Better for people to repent in this life and for us all to be aware that there are wolves marauding through the
houses of God proclaiming falsely to represent him.

I wish there was some watchman to have warned me with all seriousness how easy it is to be deceived.

I learned its up to each person to work out their own salvation with fear and trembling because Jesus will come
like a thief; Then there will be no escape from the truth and the day of reckoning.

I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent, and give Him no rest till He establishes and till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

God's kingdom come, his will be done..on earth as it is in heaven.
By Maryh
And, of course, you must speak freely in condemnation of the professed enemies of God and His Church, heretics and schismatics,--it is true charity to point out the wolf wheresoever he creeps in among the flock.
St. Francis De Sales.
By Maryh
Valentin_de_Boulogne_Christ_Driving_the_Money_Changers_out_of_the_Temple.jpg
Valentin_de_Boulogne_Christ_Driving_the_Money_Changers_out_of_the_Temple.jpg (144.95 KiB) Viewed 26146 times
I find it consoling to imagine how Jesus will administer his justice to the wolves in the church; who have misused and misrepresented his holy name for their own selfish and evil purposes and who have called good evil and evil good.
Using his holy name AGAINST his lambs and his people.

Trying to earn a profit in the temple was surely a lesser crime than some of the crimes committed by those who were and are prowling deceptively in the church.
By Maryh
Lord Jesus, please expose the work of Satan that is happening in our churches right now.

Please remove the sickness of blindness infecting your people.

May evil be exposed as evil, and may healing begin for your church.

Amen.
By Maryh
Isaiah 1:13-17 The Message (MSG)
13-17 “Quit your worship charades.
I can’t stand your trivial religious games:
Monthly conferences, weekly Sabbaths, special meetings—
meetings, meetings, meetings—I can’t stand one more!
Meetings for this, meetings for that. I hate them!
You’ve worn me out!
I’m sick of your religion, religion, religion,
while you go right on sinning.
When you put on your next prayer-performance,
I’ll be looking the other way.
No matter how long or loud or often you pray,
I’ll not be listening.
And do you know why? Because you’ve been tearing
people to pieces, and your hands are bloody.
Go home and wash up.
Clean up your act.
Sweep your lives clean of your evildoings
so I don’t have to look at them any longer.
Say no to wrong.
Learn to do good.
Work for justice.
Help the down-and-out.
Stand up for the homeless.
Go to bat for the defenseless.
By Maryh
Went into an unfamiliar church today on my travels and found a table with a lovely prayer and a candle of atonement.
I thought it was a beautiful arrangement and feel that every church should have one.
Attachments
download (1)Atone.jpg
download (1)Atone.jpg (9.89 KiB) Viewed 13192 times