Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Credo
-

During a Q & A session between Mirjana and a group of English-speaking pilgrims in Medjugorje, and in response to a comment by one of the pilgrims about sharing the same birthday as Mirjana, the visionary allegedly responded:

"Great people were born on the 18th of March. But I never have my birthday because that is the day of the apparition. And many people have the wrong opinion about it. They feel that Our Lady comes to me on the 18th of March because it is my birthday. She doesn’t come for sure for that reason because she never said to me Happy Birthday. When everything starts happening, then you will be able to understand why the 18th of March, why every second of the month, why Wednesdays and Fridays are days of fasting, everything will be clear."

Note: This quote can be found on a number of websites.

Very interesting!
Any comments or personal insights regarding the significance of March 18?

-
By LittleRed
Hi Credo, I had wondered if March 18 marks the date when the first secret will be revealed....

Bless, Sharon
By Credo
LittleRed wrote:Hi Credo, I had wondered if March 18 marks the date when the first secret will be revealed....

Bless, Sharon
An excellent point, Sharon! I hadn't thought of that.

In the apparitions of Garabandal, the first and last messages for the world were given on October 18, 1961 and June 18, 1965, respectively. Likewise, in Lourdes there were a total of 18 apparitions.

Sometimes I wonder if this is merely a coincidence... or, if it all has some deeper significance.

-
By Spera
Credo wrote:Sometimes I wonder if this is merely a coincidence... or, if it all has some deeper significance.
Personally, I think it has significance. In hindsight, I think it will all make sense.

Spera :D
By franaissance
The date may be something we are not yet aware of but will be revealed in the aotobiography Vicka has been given by the Blessed Mother. As we know, the Church does not actually celebrate the excat dates of Jesus' birth, or the Blessed Mother.

We celebrate the Blessed Mother's birthday in August, she told Vicka her actual was in September (forget the exact date but early Sept.)
By Covenant
Well, it doesn't refer to the onset of the Great Sign, because Ivan revealed that this would occur in June.

So it must have something to do with the other 9 secrets...I'm guessing secret one.
By JME
In speaking with one of the friars I know, he mentioned to me that he has been hearing more and more about the prophecy regarding St. Joseph. I was quite amazed to hear this, as I too belive that prophecy is nearing the time of its fulfillment. This friar told me that he had heard the prophecy mentioned several times recently and did not believe it was a coincedence.

I am reminded of this because on one of my trips to Medjugorje, Mirjana mentioned that she was fortunate to be born on the feastday of St. Joseph. I knew that she was born on March 18 and that, at least in this country, his feast is celebrated on March 19. Perhaps it is celebrated on March 18 in Hercegovina or perhaps she was born on the evening of March 18 which of course, in Church time, is the next day. Whatever the case, Mirjana also mentioned that the date of these apparitions on her birthday had nothing to do in fact with it being her birthday. Rather, the date was of some secret significance. Now to the prophecy....

"A 16th CENTURY PROPHECY Isadore of Isolanis, a pious Dominican of the 16th century, prophesied that “the sound of victory” will be heard in the Church Militant “when the faithful recognize the sanctity of St. Joseph.” He continues: “The Lord will let His light shine, He will lift the veil, and great men will search out the interior gifts of God that are hidden in St. Joseph; they will find in him a priceless treasure, the like of which they had never found in other saints of the Old Testament. We are inclined to believe that toward the end of time, God will overwhelm St. Joseph with glorious honor. If in the past ages during the storms of persecution, these honors could not be shown to St. Joseph, we must conclude that they have been reserved for later times. At some future time, the feast of St. Joseph will be celebrated as one of the greatest feasts. The Vicar of Christ, inspired by the Holy Spirit, will order this feast to be celebrated in the Universal Church.”

As we all know, St. Joseph is the protector of the Church. According to St. Alphonsus Liguori, after Our Lady, he is closest to God in the circle of the blest. His is the only saints name besides Our Lady's to be included in the Divine Praises. Certainly God has saved some great and final triumph for this humble father. Coincedentally, the name of our current Pope was JOSEPH Cardinal Ratzinger. Also coincedentally, it was the last Pope Benedict, Benedict XV, who decreed that a new name be added to the Litany of Loretto: "Mary, Queen of Peace."

Time will certainly tell, may St. Joseph and Our Blessed Lady intercede for us...

JME
By puddyhuston
Fran we celebrate Our Lady's birthday in the church on the 8th September but she told Vicka it is really 5th August as I have been in Medjugorje for her birthday for the last 3 years and we always sing "Happy Birthday Gospa" on that day.
By Chrissie
Cov,

Did Ivan really linked the great sign with the month of June? I know that Ivan linked something with June, but was it really the great Sign? Can't it be, for instance, that he referred to another secret, maybe the first secret?

Chris
By Covenant
When Ivan was ambushed at the seminary, he wrote down the 'third secret' which was: 'It will occur in the sixth month (June) it will be very beautiful and a great bascillica will be built on the hill of apparitions'.

Ivan didn't do anything wrong in releasing these details, as it doesn't reveal what the Sign will be. But by creating the false impression that he had written down the Secret, and then denied it, he caused controversy. Our Lady reprimanded him for this, and then forgave him.
By Credo
[Obsolete post deleted by Credo…]
Last edited by Credo on Wed May 07, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Credo
JME wrote: ...I am reminded of this because on one of my trips to Medjugorje, Mirjana mentioned that she was fortunate to be born on the feastday of St. Joseph. I knew that she was born on March 18 and that, at least in this country, his feast is celebrated on March 19. Perhaps it is celebrated on March 18 in Hercegovina or perhaps she was born on the evening of March 18 which of course, in Church time, is the next day. Whatever the case, Mirjana also mentioned that the date of these apparitions on her birthday had nothing to do in fact with it being her birthday. Rather, the date was of some secret significance...
JME, that's a fascinating insight... and I've never before read the prophecy which you've recounted. Certainly St. Joseph has been the "forgotten" member of the Holy Family. In this respect, it would seem fitting that His Son, Jesus, would be true to the 4th Commandment: Honor your father and mother.
By Covenant
Credo,

I'm glad you've pointed out that the Garabandal and Medjugorje signs aren't the same thing.

Our Lady of Medjugorje has never commented on the Garabandal apparitions, while she has spoken on several occasions about Fatima.

Personally I have found the Garabandal apparitions to have too many 'red flags' for me to invest any belief in them.
By Chrissie
Cov,

I think that Our Lady never spoke about Garabandal because it's not yet approved. You're free to think what you want about these apparitions, but I think that it's not normal that the four children already knew about the Great Warning and The Great Sign, and The Great Healing between 1961-1965. These are the same things that you can find in the Medjugorje secrets. Personally, I believe in both apparitions.

Chris
By starbright
Covenant, what are the red flags at Garabandal? I know little about it so I'd be interested to know. Thanks
By Covenant
Michael Brown, an expert in Marian apparitions, wrote of these 'red flags' in his book 'The Day Will Come'.

In particular, he noted the manner in which the seers experienced their vision: walking backwards.

In all other Marian apparitions, the seers fall on their knees and look up into the face of Virgin in a posture of prayer.

The walking backwards through the town in the dead of the night, the levitations etc are creepy.

Another 'red flag' is the failed promise of the Great Sign. According to the seers, Padre Pio would see the sign. When he died in 1968 with no Sign, the seers explained that he must have 'seen it in a vision'. But that's not what they originally said.

Also, the Jesuit priest who died in mysterious circumstances was promised to be an 'incorrupt'. About 15 years after his death, in a common practice in Spain, he was dug up so that his bones could be placed in a wall with other priests. They found nothing but bones, and his casket is now a small box. The seers now say that when the Great Sign occurs, his body will be transformed back to the way it was. But here's the thing: the word 'incorrupt' means NEVER CORRUPTED, not corrupted and restored.

And finally, one of the seers (Conchita?) said she felt 'abandoned by Our Lady', and said that watching footage of her in ecstasy was like 'watching someone else'.

This alone wouldn't discount the apparitions-other seers have fallen away-but added to the other 'red flags' above, it makes me very wary of the Garabandal apparitions.

Since the message contains nothing heretical, I'm not as concerned about people who invest their faith into this apparition as I once was. But I would much prefer if these people focused instead on the apparitions of Medjugorje.
By puddyhuston
Covenant I know we have had this discussion before under the other thread" Apparitions" but I am sure Garabandal is a true Apparition as when I was there both my friend Noreen and I felt it was so special and Holy there and many Irish /Medjugorje people who were there then also felt it was true though I never spoke to all of them, one was a priest who is on Sean's video in Medjugorje.
Also both Noreen and I bought special Rosary beads with a bit of a Bible Our Lady kissed there on them that changed to gold at different times in Medjugorje, mine last Christmas hers this summer. So I believe that would not have happened if it were false.
Nice photo from Garabandal here.

Last edited by puddyhuston on Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Chrissie
Cov,

You explanatian can't convince me. At the day of the Miracle, everything will be possible: have you seen the eyes of Joey Lomangino? If it's possible that he will have new eyes, it also possible that the body of Father Luis Andreu, will be incorruptible. Remember that the day of The Great Miracle, will be a day as have never been before. Everything will possible, including the Everlasting Sign.

The rest is pep talk.

Chris
By Philomena
Hello all, I have reflected much on this date and here are my thoughts:
March 18th is the date that Terri Schiavo was sentenced to death and had her feeding tube removed. For those of you who are not aware of who she is you can log onto www.priestsforlife.org. The similarities of her passion and that of Jesus' are amazing. Her mother's name is Mary. She was not able to open her mouth in defense of herself. She was moved from court to court. She suffered the pinnacle of death by starvation and dehydration during the Holy week. Ironically, the Holy Father Pope John Paul II also underwent his passion simultaneously and had a feeding tube inserted. This country legally starved and thirsted a woman who was not brain dead. I remember thinking to myself that this country would now know starvation and dehydration as a punishment for its crime against the innocent. If you follow spiritdaily.com you will see that Michael Brown has been posting articles for us on the fact that in every area of the world we are suffering from drought. Whole lakes have disappeared in China. Here in the Great Lakes, the levels are dropping. Everywhere, any one of us can report of water disappearing. There is a town in Tennessee that has completely run out of water. Georgia is in a crisis situation also. Jesus warned the weeping women, "If these things happen in the green wood, what will happen in the dry? He also warned, "Woe to those who are about to give birth, and to those who are nursing babes" Anyone of us who have ever been pregnant, know exactly how necessary and often water is needed. We the church militant, must follow our Saviour on the way to calvary. We have watched our church betrayed, mocked, stripped, and scourged. When Jesus hung on the cross during his last moments, he said, " I thirst. This is what I believe is the significance of March 18th. I believe this because, in the USA, this country has now quietly accepted the fact that we just yank the tubes when the situation looks hopeless. People are dying like this every day now all over the country. I believe we will suffer starvation and dehydration as a chastisement for our National crime against life, because the majority of us just sit back and do nothing.
By Credo
-
Pending the Church’s official verdict related to Garabandal, I too am convinced regarding the authenticity of the apparitions.

Unfortunately, there are a number of half truths floating around the Internet pertaining to certain historical details. For example, syncretism – some individuals have tended to "blend" the messages of Garabandal with the spurious prophecies of St. Malachy, and others.

When the actual facts are closely examined, it is difficult to refute the viewpoint that these events were at least praeternatural (i.e., “beyond natural” explanation... which may include demonic origins).

However, when the content of the revealed messages and the unsullied virtues and unwavering devoutness of the four visionaries over the past forty-some years are taken into consideration, there is little doubt in my mind that these events were indeed supernatural (i.e., “above nature”… having Divine origin).

Here are a few web links which allude to various highly-regarded Catholics and their association with the happenings in Garabandal and/or the visionaries themselves:

1.) Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta: www.ourlady.ca/info/MotherTeresa.htm

2.) Saint Padre Pio of Pietrelcina: www.garabandal.us/padre_pio.html (Note: Read the story pertaining to Joey Lomangino.)

3.) Pope John Paul II: www.ourlady.ca/info/loliWithPope.htm

4.) Pope Paul VI: www.garabandaluk.com/pope.htm

5.) Mother Angelica (EWTN TV-program):

a.) www.garabandal.us/mp3/motherangelica.mp3
b.) www.ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/searchprog.asp?T1=joey
c.) http://www.frtommylane.com/garabandalme ... aco56k.asx

6.) For an anecdotal list of numerous other associated and devout individuals, kindly go to this URL and scroll down: http://whatisgarabandal.blogspot.com/20 ... chive.html

Finally, Father Don Stefano Gobbi, founder of the highly-regarded Marian Movement of Priests ( www.mmp-usa.net ), had an interior locution on May 22, 1988 which stated:

“The Holy Spirit will come, to establish the glorious reign of Christ ... With his divine love, He will open the doors of hearts and illuminate all consciences. Every person will see himself in the burning fire of divine Truth. It will be like a judgment in miniature. And then Jesus Christ will bring his glorious reign in the world.” [The full collection of Fr. Gobbi’s alleged locutions can be found in the free compendium entitled: To the Priests, Our Lady's Beloved Sons.]

This reference to a "judgment in miniature" seems to capture the essence of the Warning (illumination of conscience) foretold in Garabandal.

If interested, here’s a new and very well organized website related to Garabandal: www.garabandalvideos.com

To obtain a FREE documentary related to Garabandal (54-minutes in length) on standard DVD, please follow the instructions provided at the location referenced by the following URL:

http://www.medjugorje-online.com/forum/ ... 7ca28556c2

Of course, as Catholics, we are NOT obliged to accept as true any apparitions... whether Church-approved or not.

Peace & Blessings!

P.S. – Stella, did you take that photo of Garabandal yourself? Or, is it a stock photo downloaded from the Internet? In any case, I like it. Thanks!
By Chrissie
John-boy,

Personally I think that the Pauline Year, that starts on June 28th 2008 and ends on June 29th 2009 has a special meaning. I think it's work from the Holy Spirit. And I connect Saint-Paul with "warnings", because he himself experienced the warning on his way to Damascus. So I belief that the first two secrets, which are "warnings" will fall in this period. Also the seers of Medjugorje connected most of the secrets with events in the Catholic Church.

Chris
By Credo
Philomena wrote: If you follow spiritdaily.com you will see that Michael Brown has been posting articles for us on the fact that in every area of the world we are suffering from drought. Whole lakes have disappeared in China. Here in the Great Lakes, the levels are dropping. Everywhere, any one of us can report of water disappearing. There is a town in Tennessee that has completely run out of water. Georgia is in a crisis situation also.
An excellent reflection, Philomena!

Incidentally, back in 1995, Ismael Serageldin (Vice-president of the World Bank), famously declared that, as the wars of the 20th century were fought over oil, so the wars of the 21st would be fought over water.