Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By Wooday
Thanks for the inspiring story and discussion
By fredstar
Starbright! You inspire me! After reading your story, I feel more hopeful that I can overcome my bad ways. And may peace, joy, and love fill your heart now and always!
By Flora Natomagan
Inspirational convertion story! Praise the Lord you are on the right road, it is not easy but with our mothers love and she can lead us to Jesus, and this story is also of my daughter, who lives this life.. Pray for her! make her shine.. I had concecrated my daughters to Mary and Jesus..all prayers are beautiful, my grandfather used to say each Hail mary that you say is like creating a beautiful rose for each person that it is said for..
By starbright
:oops: no problem. No-one knows who I really am so it makes it easier. If you had to work with me or something I might have been a bit more hesitant.

John, you know so much about me anyway and I know so much about you that I'm not bothered by you reading it! :D
By Gael
Star,
Like John I too have only read your story. It is truly inspirational and you must have very strong faith and will power in order to have come through so much and stay so focused. I am no saint myself but it actually reminds me a lot of my sister who had such strong faith when she was younger and now appears to have lost her way. She's not into drugs or anything (that I know of) but is much into fortune reading and spiritulism and I fear where this is leading her. She's very headstrong and I don't know how to reach her, but I will keep praying for her. I'm sure someone somewhere must have been praying for you when you were in times gone by. If she ends up with quarter of your faith Star I would be overjoyed.
By starbright
:oops: oh gosh I don't deserve such compliments...
By mcikath
Dear Star, reading your conversion story, and all your posts, i can see that you have blossomed, and keep blossoming.God go with you always love mcikath xxx :)
By izzy_682
What happened to the first msg of this thread?
By starbright
Sorry Izzy I felt it was too much to have said and I deleted it but everyone had read it by then. Then I had second thoughts and it was too late, I'd deleted it by then. So I thought that no-one would come here again so I didn't bother to reinstate it. Just blame me and my indecision!

Basically I left the church, got depressed and lonely, got into cannabis and tarot, slept with a few men, then got ill and got frightened of a man who moved into the room next door, prayed the Our Father during a tarot reading, got very ill but led back to the church. I now have a lifelong health condition and a bad foot but I'm back, praying the rosary and going to monthly confession.

That's it in a nutshell. God bless.
By izzy_682
Woh! Hardcore!
By starbright
In my own conversion, I'd been bad enough to have good reason to be very frightened of the devil and indeed to have some experiences which I believe to be of the devil. I decided that I couldn't ask for an exorcism, so I would have to try to be as good as I could be and get exorcised that way. As I learnt more about God and the faith and exorcists, I realised that I wasn't possessed but quite possibly undergoing persecution or obsession. So I didn't need an exorcism, but I did need to run away from the devil.

So this is what I did. I ran, as hard and as fast as I could, in other words, I prayed, went to Mass, went to confession, as much as I could, read spiritual books. I kept on running. The more I learnt, the more I wanted to know. I remembered Medjugorje and started to pray the rosary. I got free satellite tv and started watching EWTN. I started reading St Faustina's diary. I started going to monthly confession. I started going to adoration.

One day I kind of sat back on my heels and put my hands on my hips and looked around me. And I suddenly realised that although I used to be running away from the devil, now I was running towards God. Where before I was afraid of the devil, now I was in love with God.

Now, I'm not alone. Many, many people who are Catholics are in love with God. But for me, it's a breakthrough. Occaisionally now I do things out of fear, but mostly nowadays I am motivated by love for Him. I can't tell you how much I want to please Him, be like Him, receive Him. I want the world to run full of love and justice, peace and joy. I sincerely and achingly long for this. I long for Him to return. I long for Heaven. I can't tell you how much I want to be one with God.

I believe that we should aim for perfection, even if we can't achieve it, because then we know we're going in the right direction, whatever we do actually achieve. So it seems that, however unlikely it is that I will ever get there, I should aim for sainthood.

I'm not a saint. I'm so very far from it. But now I want a spiritual director to help me improve myself as far as possible.

That is where I am right now.
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Wow Frances! What an incredibly beautiful post!!! Your journey kind of parallels mine. I too started "running" out of fear and am coming more to the part where what I do is out of love for God instead. Fear is still a good motivator for me though! Thank you so much for sharing. You will help many I'm sure!
By julia60
Starbright

I went in to read your conversion story and found a "deleted" :roll:

Anyhow, I read on and found your shortened version. It is a lovely, honest testimony. :D And I am certain there are a lot of people out there who will see themselves in your testimony and with Gods help be able to find the courage to find their way back to God.

I hope you feel too loved and proctected to be afraid anymore.

God bless. Julia60