Tell us about prayers you've had answered.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By Pandora
I went to Rosary and Mass today and just have to tell you what happened. I was having a horrible day but just soaked up everything that happened in church. There were only about 15 people there and so we sat closely together. During the eucharist I was filled with longing to be able to participate too and was a bit sad that I can't for almost another year. The more I understand about it the more painful it gets to be excluded. While everyone went to receive Jesus suddenly I interiorly saw Jesus as depicted in the image of Divine Mercy standing at the altar behind the priest. He smiled at me and blessed me by making the sign of the cross before he disappeared again and I felt this incredible warmth and loving feeling in my heart. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to know that I am important enough to Him that he lets me know in this manner that I'm still a part of Him and his Church. Especially now that I'm going through such a difficult time. I only got through this past week because I clung to Jesus by means of the Divine Mercy Chaplet and St. Faustyna's diary.
Last edited by Pandora on Fri May 23, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By OHLisa
Wow Bianca! That is wonderful! Praying that the day that you can receive Jesus will be here before you know it! :D
By paradise1882
Bianca,

That is so wonderful! Praise be to God!!!
He loves us so, and wants to show all of us, in different ways, how much he does. What a treasure you received!

God Bless,
Suzanne
By starbright
Wow Pandora that's amazing :shock: you are making a spiritual communion and the day of your first communion will be here soon I pray
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Wow!!! I look for Him and His Angels during the consecration and have never seen Him. What a beautiful gift He gave you!!!!!!
By Memorare
That is really great!

What a blessing.
By chrisgiblinuk
Hi, what do you mean when you say that you saw jesus 'interiorly'???.

I really dont understand how someone can see something interiorly, saints have mentioned this aswell. Confusion-on-a-stick!
By puddyhuston
So wonderful Pandora, I am so happy for you, Jesus loves you very much and understands your pain and you got a reward for clinging to him in the Divine Mercy, he came and blessed you.
Thank you Jesus
Stella
By puddyhuston
Chris I think Pandora might mean she had her eyes closed and saw an interior vision, I have had this happen 6 times now, it is like looking at a photo but very clear. I saw the Last Supper, Jesus in the Temple aged 12, St Faustina on her death bed with nuns praying around her and a beautiful large Dove descending another time and I saw Jesus coming in the Clouds to earth all in white twice. It happened on fast days just after I woke from a nap but I was wide awake and told my son one time as it happened.

Stella
By chrisgiblinuk
What?, this kind of thing dont happen, surely.... never happened to me, I have never seen a ghost, heard a voice inside me, seen something or whatever..
By Pandora
Chris, I will try to answer your question as best as I can but as you can imagine putting the details of such an experience into words is very difficult. I have also read about saints experiencing this and often the term “in my soul” was used. Now it makes perfect sense to me but I know it doesn’t sound helpful to you. It was like Stella said that I saw like a vision with my eyes closed but I was also able to “see” it with my eyes open. Not really with my physical eyes but sort of like a spiritual equivalent to my physical sense of sight. And then there was a definite sense of knowing and the extreme warm and loving feeling in my heart I described above. This reminded me very much of the verse in the Bible: “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us...?" (Luke 24,32) were the two disciples met Jesus after his resurrection on the road to Emmaus.

But why do you think this doesn’t happen? Our faith is so awesome because God actively seeks contact with us. Over the last months I have had three other experiences that brought me closer to God and that let me know that I’m not alone. Two involved a dream, one an inspiration that led to a mini-healing. Last summer, while I was still undecided about faith, whether I should really give myself to God I also came under spiritual attack, that once even turned physical.
Last edited by Pandora on Sat May 24, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Pandora
Frances, I'm so glad you mentioned the term spiritual communion. I have never heard of it before but I googled it and found out about what it is. This is so great, now I can say the Act of Spiritual communion prayer everytime I'm at Mass until I'm allowed to receive the Eucharist and can unite myself with Jesus this way too. They should really mention this at RCIA classes! :D
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Pandora I was thinking of you at Mass today! We had an outdoor Mass so the regular Missals weren't used. Instead there was a small pamphlet with the hymns and responses printed out for everyone. There was a note from the priest in there that anyone who was not Catholic or Catholics who couldn't receive Communion for whatever reason were welcome to have a Spiritual Communion and the prayer was included! This was the first time I've seen that done! It was really beautiful and I said a prayer for you! Your First Holy Communion is going to be amazing!!!!
By Daybreak
What a wonderful Grace you were given, Pandora. It was edifying to read about it.
By Pandora
OnASpiritualJourney2 wrote:Pandora I was thinking of you at Mass today! We had an outdoor Mass so the regular Missals weren't used. Instead there was a small pamphlet with the hymns and responses printed out for everyone. There was a note from the priest in there that anyone who was not Catholic or Catholics who couldn't receive Communion for whatever reason were welcome to have a Spiritual Communion and the prayer was included! This was the first time I've seen that done! It was really beautiful and I said a prayer for you! Your First Holy Communion is going to be amazing!!!!
Aww, thank you so much! It means a lot to me that you thought of me. I just love you and all the people on this amazing forum. We are truly blessed here.