Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By mjanosi
First, let me share a little background information, before we get started. Ten out of my first thirteen years of education have been at catholic schools. At best my family went to church most sundays, at worst we went on Christmas and Easter. My life focused more on soccer than anything else and religion was more of a good habit, like brushing your teeth or having a home cooked meal. It wasn't something I would normally think or talk about, it was something I kind of took for granted. I would never say I was Godless, but my actions, at times, would lead you to believe I was. Although I tried to do the right things, I wouldn't say I had a deep faith. I would waver, like the wind blows, sometimes buying into the pick and choose what you want to believe philosophy. Now, let me tell you what happened.

My story starts around 1989, when I saw a BBC documentary about the apparitions of Medjugorje. While watching, I wondered, "What if this is actually true?", but by the end of the program my soul was shouting, "This is absolutely true!" I was deeply moved, but I was close to graduating from college and my inspiration slowly moved into the background, swallowed up by everyday life and worries. I didn't give it much thought for 16 years. Christmas 2005 brought an abrupt halt to my slumber. I talked to a friend at a Christmas party about the usual things when he suddenly started telling me about apparitions of the Virgin Mary that happened in a field on his farm property. We talked for hours and even though I knew he was a religious man and I'd known him for years, we never really talked about much, other than soccer. He died three days after our talk.

I had the feeling that if I don't pay attention and act, I wouldn't get another chance. I remembered the Virgin Mary clock, my aunt had handed me, some months earlier, and felt I was being called to do something. I scoured the internet, read books, and bought tapes, famished for any information on apparitions. I started going to church frequently, going to confession monthly, praying and reading the bible daily, and fasting on bread and water on wednesdays and fridays. By March, I was on my way to Medjugorje with my sister. Although I saw the miracle of the sun and rosaries change color, I still had this nagging feeling that I needed to do something. My life had changed tremendously for the better. How could I possibly be blessed more? My daughter was born exactly nine months to the day I left for Medjugorje.

I took laminated instructions on how to pray the rosary along with rosaries to the field, I was praying more, and kept looking for signs everywhere. About a year passed by, and after visiting my aunt, in the hospital, I noticed a sign about a weeping virgin icon, in Barberton. I would occasionally stop by the gazebo, next to the shrine to pray a rosary. One day I visited the shrine and was invited to the weekly prayer meeting and started to go regularly. At one of the meetings my daughter was fussy and I had to walk around with her. I found a book titled "A Voice in the Field" about the apparitions on my friend's property. After contacting the author, she told me she's been wanting to put the book online. Since my job title is "Senior Web Developer", could this be my calling? Possibly, or maybe it's just the beginning.
Last edited by mjanosi on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Steven
Awesome story Miki. Where is your friend's farm located? Is the book
available? Thanks in advance.

Steven
By mjanosi
Steven wrote:Awesome story Miki.
Thanks.
Steven wrote:Where is your friend's farm located?
On Seville Rd. in Wadsworth, Ohio. There's no house on it, it's just a field so it doesn't have a number.
Steven wrote:Is the book available?
I have the book as pm5 (Pagemaker 5) files. I'm trying to convert it to pdf and out of the 1st 30 pages about 3 have problems (the total book is about 160 pages). If anyone has postscript experience, please let me know, if I can figure out the errors, I'll have a website up quickly.
Steven wrote:Thanks in advance.
You're welcome.
By Justme
Hi mjanosi
Thanks for your story!
I would be very much interested in the BBC documentary. Is it still available and where?
By mjanosi
Justme wrote:Hi mjanosi
Thanks for your story!
Hi, Justme. You're welcome and you can call me Miki.
Justme wrote:I would be very much interested in the BBC documentary. Is it still available and where?
I got it here. FYI, I just found a link to it on youtube.
Last edited by mjanosi on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hopper
Welcome to the forum mjanosi.

You can tell the Holy Spirit is really working in your life by the sudden enthusiasm to pursue the Way.

God Bless you. May this forum help you on your journey.

Hopper :D
By mjanosi
Hopper wrote:Welcome to the forum mjanosi.
Thanks. You can call me Miki.
Hopper wrote:You can tell the Holy Spirit is really working in your life by the sudden enthusiasm to pursue the Way.
That's what my priest told me (it was his idea for me to write something). I don't know if you can tell, but I don't really like writing.
Hopper wrote:God Bless you. May this forum help you on your journey.

Hopper :D
Thanks and God bless you, as well.
By tina
greetings miki.. and welcome to the fourm... i enjoyed reading your post...

warm regard,

tina
By mjanosi
tina wrote:greetings miki.. and welcome to the fourm... i enjoyed reading your post...

warm regard,

tina
Flo wrote:Welcome and thanks for sharing. :)
Philomena wrote:Hi Miki, I look forward to hearing more from you...thanks so much for sharing. God Bless.
Thanks, for the welcome and I'm glad all of you enjoyed the post.
Last edited by mjanosi on Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Flo
Welcome and thanks for sharing. :)
By Philomena
Hi Miki, I look forward to hearing more from you...thanks so much for sharing. God Bless.
By LittleTee
Great story, very inspiring! I would love to read the book as soon as you have it up and running.
By mjanosi
LittleTee wrote:Great story, very inspiring! I would love to read the book as soon as you have it up and running.
Thanks! I finished converting the files 2 days ago, but the author wants to make some revisions, as soon as she emails me the changes I'll make them and post the pdf (it's 7.8M). Here's the book cover:
By mamamary
beautiful miki! could you tell us a little about the photo on the cover? is there a special story related to this photo?
By LittleTee
Great! I can't wait to read the book, I'm always "hungry" to read others' stories and testimonies!

(BTW, how does one upload an ebook to their blog? I've been trying to figure this out and I'm getting nowhere fast; I'd like to upload my "Tales of the Body of Christ" to my blog so visitors may click on it and download it. You can privately PM me, if you want. Thanks in advance, Miki! :) )
By mjanosi
mamamary wrote:beautiful miki! could you tell us a little about the photo on the cover? is there a special story related to this photo?
Thanks. The photo was taken by my friend's son-in-law after he cut the grass on the field one day. The visionary was taking pictures after he was told a sign would appear with no luck and my friend's son-in-law took two pictures with her image on them.
By mjanosi
LittleTee wrote:Great! I can't wait to read the book, I'm always "hungry" to read others' stories and testimonies!

(BTW, how does one upload an ebook to their blog? I've been trying to figure this out and I'm getting nowhere fast; I'd like to upload my "Tales of the Body of Christ" to my blog so visitors may click on it and download it.
I don't blog, so I really don't know, but I'm sure we can either figure it out together or I can upload it to my site and you can link to it from there.
LittleTee wrote:You can privately PM me, if you want. Thanks in advance, Miki! :) )
Feel free to contact me however you'd like IM, email, chatroom... You are welcome.
By LittleTee
I'll cut and paste your story into my blog with a linkback and author info back to you, how's that?

Thank you so much for your input; and if you wish to post a comment to your story, or any of the other postings, please do so; I welcome you to!
By missy
Welcome and can't wait to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
By LittleTee
Your story has been posted! Please let me know when the book is ready; I can't wait to read it and I know everyone else will, too.

I never heard of this place in Ohio, can you please tell us a bit more about this, and the priest to whom it happened? Thanks, Miki, for all your help and contribution! Gospa is definitely calling you to work for her; I know the feeling! :wink:
By mjanosi
LittleTee wrote:I'll cut and paste your story into my blog with a linkback and author info back to you, how's that?

Thank you so much for your input; and if you wish to post a comment to your story, or any of the other postings, please do so; I welcome you to!
Thanks, that's perfect.
By mjanosi
LittleTee wrote:Your story has been posted! Please let me know when the book is ready; I can't wait to read it and I know everyone else will, too.

I never heard of this place in Ohio, can you please tell us a bit more about this, and the priest to whom it happened? Thanks, Miki, for all your help and contribution! Gospa is definitely calling you to work for her; I know the feeling! :wink:
I think I'm going to email the author to send her a link to this post, so she can see the interest and hurry up. Here's an excerpt:

The apparitions occurred over a one and a half year timespan beginning on March 10, 1992 and ending on October 18, 1993. Initially, the visionary claimed he saw her in a small Orthodox Church called St. Judes in Barberton, Ohio where a visible sign was left in the form of a weeping Icon. This painting of the Virgin Mary appeared to produce visible tears that brought people to come and view the painting for themselves. Seven days later, as she had told him she would do, the visionary was revisited again by the woman who had first identified herself as “Mary, the Mother of Jesus.” She told him to kick the dust from his shoes and seek the Church of Peter. He did not understand what that meant at first but was brought to a Roman Catholic Church in hopes of doing what she asked. The apparitions began to take place inside Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Kenmore, Ohio twice a week for nearly two weeks. Nine day later, the Cleveland Archdiocese told Catholics not to involve themselves with the so called apparitions and asked the visionary to leave the Church. The small group moved to a field in Clinton, Ohio, and then back to Barberton, Ohio to the backyard of a city councilman for several more weeks. As word started getting out, and more and more people started to come, liability concerns drove them to an open field on Seville Road in Wadsworth, Ohio. Over the entire summer of 1992, and without the protection of a church building, more and more people arrived in rain or shine, to pray in the open field and listen to what were now daily Messages. Then when the weather started turning colder and flooding became a problem because of the wet summer, the visionary and his family moved south to Jefferson County. They began looking for a permanent place to live and ended up settling in Carroll County, Ohio, about an hour and a half south of Akron. On November 5, 1992, in the city of Carrollton, the visionary and his family were given permission to join Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church where the daily apparitions continued inside the Church. It was at this point that the visionary started to take instructions in the Catholic faith. Property was purchased several miles away in the town of Kilgore, Ohio where the family continues to live to this day. On December 14, 1992, Our Lady told the visionary of a healing stream that would befound on the property that would produce physical, emotional and spiritual healings. There, a Shrine in the shape of a Cross was begun. On March 10, 1993, the apparitions occured only twice a week and then on June 1, 1993, the apparitions reverted to Saturdays. The final Public apparition occurred on October 18, 1993.
Last edited by mjanosi on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LittleTee
For allowing me to post your story and for the comment. Also, for the synopsis of the apparitions in Ohio; I think I had heard of this before but not indepth. It will be wonderful to read the book when it is released. God bless you, Miki, for the wonderful work you are doing; through the guidance of Blessed Mother and the Holy Spirit, you are touching many, many souls. Praise be to God!
By mjanosi
LittleTee wrote:Please let me know when the book is ready; I can't wait to read it and I know everyone else will, too.
Ok the pdf is posted! :D I hope we didn't make you wait too long. Here is the direct link:

http://gozips.uakron.edu/~mjanosi/medju ... /avitf.pdf

Right click and save to download it to your computer (it's 7.8M).