Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By leo daly
I had a PM with Sean a few days ago and he mentioned both knees are dripping. It would be great to get more info on this, either from Sean or from anyone else who's been there recently.

Cheers
Leo.
By kate
I received a cloth with the liquid. I think i read this has been tested and found to be human tears, am i correct? sometimes i read it has been tested and then i also read it wasnt, very confusing..I'm to old for confusion :)
GBU :)
By MedjAdmin
Yes, it's true. Water is coming from both legs now. The new drip is actually just above the knee, on the lower thigh. I took some video of it and will try to post it sometime soon. The new drip is stronger than the older one.

With all the people in Medjugorje now, having both knees dripping sure helps in the crowd flow!
By leo daly
Thanks Sean. I hope it is not a sign the statue is weakening. Metal fatigue from the very cold days and very hot days plus so many small nudges from the many pilgrims. Who knows ?

Cheers
Leo.
By kate
Thank you Leo. I appreciate you answering me. I'll wait and see. I was just curious . also because a few people had prayers answered when they had the cloth on them during prayers. They attributed them to tears from the risen Christ. Thank you anyway. GBU
By TimHaley
The liquid exuding from the statue of the Risen Christ is fascinating and mysterious. However we should always remember that regardless of the source or substance of the liquid, headings come through our faith and by the grace of God and not solely by the liquid itself.
By Andy08
Wow, both knees are dripping, Ivanka is becoming more active, Marija traveled to the middle east, Marijana to Italy. There seems to be a slow crescendo of activity.

Thanks for the post,

Andy
By MedjAdmin
I saw the new drip myself and it looks just like the old one. It has no evidence of being drilled. Why do you think so? You cannot even see a hole in the metal when you get up close to it.
By julia60
I think the post says the water can soak up to 3 feet and this could be the reason for the liquid seeping from knees of Risen Christ statue.

I stood on the top step to reach the left knee when in Medjegorje, that has got to be a couple (2) of feet to start with. I am just over 5 foot tall and had to reach up to where the liquid normally seeps out. This must be at least 6 feet from the base of statue; and 7 or 8 feet from ground level. Just a thought.

I believe. For those of us who don't believe; well, there is always science. :D
By kerigma
There’s nothing miraculous in water seeping from a couple of fractures and a hole.
If you would try to make a statue that has this "dripping feature" you will have a hard time.
God lead the hands of the sculptor and the sculptor was not aware.
Water came from the rock in the desert, and the knees went dripping.

A miracle often denotes an event attributed to divine intervention.
Alternatively, it may be an event attributed to a miracle worker, saint, or religious leader.

In other words. This is a miracle. God intervened. Where and when? Who knows?
God created the artist. The artist made the statue and the statue drips.
A miracle.

If God did nothing, then there would be no artist, no statue. Nothing.
And now there is a statue and the knees are dripping.
and the darkness was baffled.
By leo daly
The plot thickens :-) I had been planning on doing a video investigation of the leak based on the idea it could be from rain. Based on the info from Bluecross, I think I'll have to put a few more parts to this investigation. I wish I had more time. When did the first leak start ?

I'm not trying to be a doubting Thomas, I have a foot on either side of the fence.

Cheers
Leo.
By TimHaley
One must be careful to not be "black or white" about this. What are signs and miracles anyway and what is thier purpose? Bluecross summed it up quite eloquently.They are to lead us to God. It doesn't matter whether there is a "scientific" explanation for the dripping statue. God uses natural law He created in the first place to manifest Himself in our world because we cannot often see into His world. The dripping statue may likely have some physical explanation but that does not diminish its power on us. The Shroud of Turin, stigmatas of saints, Tilma of Guadalupe, the spring at Lourdes, and other manifestations are examples of mysteries that are signs for us, regardless of whether or not they have a scientific explanation. We should take them as that and not ascribe some magical power to them or we may make the mistake of worshiping the sign rather than He who created the sign. It is our faith in God that heals us, not the substance of a manifestation.